- 1 Whole Roasted Turkey
- After roasting, cover the turkey with foil and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the bird to your largest cutting surface.
- With a sharp, thin-bladed carving knife, find the place where the thighbone meets the body. By cutting between the joints, and not through bones, you can disconnect the bones without much fuss.
- Pull the thigh away from the bird and slip your knife into the joint to separate the thigh from body.
- Wiggle the drumstick to locate the joint that separates the drumstick from the thigh. Using the same technique, cut through the joint, not the bone.
- Next use your knife to find where the wing and body connect. Slip your knife into the joint to separate wing from body on each side.
- Now remove the breast, by cutting down the center of the bird on one side of the bone and the breast will come off in one piece.
- Carve the breast into thin slices.
- Repeat with the other side of the breast.
- After your turkey is carved arrange the pieces on a platter and serve.