For sweet potato puff:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs of butter
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
For crunchy praline topping:
- 2 tbs of melted butter
- ¾ cup of cornflakes cereal
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- ¼ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook sweet potatoes, peel and place in a mixer bowl with a flat paddle attachment.
- Turn to speed 2 and add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon
Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Spread the mixture in a greased casserole dish.
To prepare the crunchy praline topping:
- In a bowl, add melted butter, cornflakes cereal, chopped walnuts or pecans and brown sugar. Mix.
- Spread topping over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to ensure a crunchy top.