- Poke the peppers a few times with a knife tip or fork so that the steam can escape while the peppers roast.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and slide the pan onto the rack six inches beneath the broiler and turn the broiler on.
- Turn the peppers as they cook to ensure even cooking.
- After the chiles have charred, put them in a paper bag for ten minutes, or in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
- Pull the skin off the peppers with your fingers or the tip of a knife.
- Remove the seeds, stem, and veins.
- Prepare a bunch of peppers, and store them, covered in olive oil for several weeks in the fridge.