- 2 lbs. of Potatoes
- 1 cup of grated Gruyère or Emmenthaler cheese
- ½ cup of half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with butter.
- Peel potatoes, and then slice, using a mandolin.
- Now grate Gruyère or Emmenthaler cheese.
- Next arrange the sliced potatoes and layer with melted butter.Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Layer with melted butter and half and half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with more grated cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake the casserole covered for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.