- 2 lbs. of potatoes
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of sour cream, optional
- 1/2 cup of apple sauce, optional
- Using a food processor, grate potatoes and onion into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the mixture tightly between your hands to release excess water and return the potatoes and onion to a bowl.
- To the potato mixture add flour, egg, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Next in a large heavy skillet, heat Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Using your hands or a spoon, put about 2 tablespoons per pancake into the skillet.
- Cook each pancake for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown, crisp and cooked through.