- 1 16oz bag of frozen peal onions, thawed
- 3 lbs. of green beans cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tbs of butter
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add thawed pearl onions and cook, stirring, until they brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring until the onions are glazed.
- Blanch the trimmed green beans in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender about 5 minutes.
- Drain and add to the skillet with the onions and toss to coat.
- Add another splash of balsamic and season with salt and pepper.
- Off the heat, finish the green beans and onions with a splash of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil.