- 1 pound of carrots
- 1/3 cup of chopped pitted dates
- 2 tsp of butter
- 1 tbs of ginger root, minced
- 3 tbs of lightly packed brown sugar
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Peel and slice 1 lb.of carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add salt.
- Reduce the heat and cook uncovered, until tender – about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and return the carrots to the same pan.
- Add butter, minced ginger root and brown sugar.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dates and cook until warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper.