- 1 1/2 cups of wild rice
- 2 carrots into ½ in rounds
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of pecans
- The zest and juice from one orange
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 4 tbs of melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add wild rice to a sauce pot with about 4 ½ cups of water, and cover.
- Bring the rice to a boil and then simmer for about 40 minutes according to the package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, slice carrots into ½ inch rounds and then simmer for about 5-7 minutes until they are tender.
- In a large bowl combine raisins, pecans, the zest and juice from an orange, chopped parsley, melted butter and salt and pepper, to taste.
- To the large bowl combine the wild rice and carrots. Mix.