- 10-12 Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbs of butter
- 1 tsp of grated orange rind
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- 2 tbs of chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp of cornstarch
- Clean brussels sprouts, trimming the ends and taking off the outer leaves.
- Cut the sprouts in half and then boil or steam them for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Drain and reserve.
- Now melt butter in a skillet and add blanched brussel sprouts, ground ginger and season with salt and pepper.
- Now add orange juice and cornstarch.
- Cook through – about 3 minutes. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.