- 1 acorn squash, halved
- 1 apple, peeled cored and sliced
- 2 tsp of butter
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/8 of a tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 of a tsp of nutmeg
- A dash of cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Halve an acorn squash and remove the seeds.
- Place the squash, skin side up, in the dish and cover. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the apple, butter, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Turn cut sides of the acorn squash up and top with the apple mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until the apples are tender.