- 3 eggs, yolks only
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- ½ cup of butter
- ¼ tsp of salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of chopped shallots
- 1 small sprig of chopped tarragon
- 2 peppercorns
- ¼ cup of vinegar
The basic Hollandaise Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan heat butter to a bubble, but don’t brown it.
- In a blender, add egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper.
- While blending at high speed, gradually add the hot butter.
- Blend for about 15 seconds or until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
That is your basic blender hollandaise sauce.
To make the béarnaise component:
- In a skillet simmer shallots, tarragon, peppercorns, salt and vinegar.
- Cook until the liquid has been reduced by 2/3.
- Add this mix to the hollandaise, cover, and blend on high for about 4 seconds.