- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 container (4 oz) garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- flour for rolling
- Take out a package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets and remove one from the box. Let it thaw on the counter for 40 minutes – or overnight in the fridge. Return the second to the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with one tablespoon of water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Season the chicken breasts with black pepper.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it’s well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Lightly flour your surface and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll the pastry into a 14-inch square. Cut it into 4 (7 inch) squares.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the garlic & herb spreadable cheese in the center of each pastry square. Top the cheese with a tablespoon of parsley and then the cooled chicken breast.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture. Fold the corners of the pastry squares to the center over the chicken and press to seal.
- Place the filled pastries seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
Thaw Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings