- 2 Duck Breast
- 1lb of Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Stalk of Leeks
- 1″ piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- zest and juice of an orange
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Score the skin of 2 duck breast and pan fry the breast skin side down for 5- 8 minutes until the fat starts to run out.
- Flip them and Oven cook for 15 minutes with the skin side up.
Next prepare the puree.
- Simmer sweet potatoes, that you have peeled and cut into large dice for 15 minutes until they just beginning to soften. Drain and mash to make a rough puree with a potato masher.
- Prepare 1 stalk of leeks, trimmed and sliced into 1″ rounds.
- A 1″ piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated.
- Heat Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a saucepan and fry the fresh root ginger, the zest and juice from an orange, crushed garlic and a pinch of cloves. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes without browning.
- Add the sweet potato mixture and leeks and then saute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the duck breasts into thin slices and fan them out onto a bed of the leek puree.