- 1 whole chicken
- 1 head of fennel
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Start by cutting up a whole chicken. Cut the breast pieces in half with a heavy, sharp knife.
- Wash your hands and board with hot water and soap after handling the raw poultry.
- Brush mustard on the skin side of each piece.
- Place the pieces in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least one hour but up to 24 hours.
- Clean and slice a head of fennel and remove the core. Slice zucchinis, carrots and celery.
- Place all the cut vegetables into a baking pan and toss with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic bag and place over the vegetables and season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170 degrees.