- 2 Cornish Hens
- 1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- a few rosemary sprigs
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In heavy 2 qt saucepan combine jellied cranberry sauce, dry white wine and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until cranberry sauce melts and mixture is smooth.
- Rinse hens in cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle the cavities with salt and pepper and a few rosemary sprigs.
- Close the cavities and secure with wooden toothpicks and a sprigs of rosemary.
- Place hens, breast side up in a lightly greased shallow pan.
- When handling raw poultry make sure you wash your hands to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Next brush the hens with the cranberry mixture, coating all sides.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, basting frequently with the cranberry sauce.