- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 4 medium granny smith apples, peeled
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup prepared caramel sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- flour for rolling
- Take out a package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets and remove one from the box. Let it thaw on the counter for 40 minutes – or overnight in the fridge. Return the second to the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Stir together the cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with one tablespoon of water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Using a melon baller, scoop the cores out of the peeled apples from the top, making sure to leave the bottoms intact.
- Coat the apples with the cinnamon mixture and spoon 2 tablespoons of the caramel sauce into the center of each apple.
- Lightly flour your surface and unfold one pastry sheet. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10×9-inch rectangle. Cut it into 9 (1×10-inch) strips.
- Take 2 of the strips and press the ends together to make one 20-inch strip. Repeat this with 6 of the remaining pastry strips. Cut 8 leaf shapes from the last pastry strip.
- Wrap the apples with the pastry strips–starting at the bottom, wind 1 pastry strip around 1 apple, slightly overlapping the edges of the pastry. Top each with 2 pastry leaves.
- Brush the pastries with the egg mixture and place the apples onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Thaw: 40 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings