- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of sugar
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of well chilled butter
- 1 tbs of well chilled shortening
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs of water
- In a food processor add flour, sugar and salt.
- Next add well chilled butter and well chilled shortening.
- Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
- In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
- Pour over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
- Now remove the dough, cover and chill for a ½ hour.
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin when working the dough.
- Roll to desired size.