- 5 Golden Delicious or Rome Beauty apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, blueberries, cranberries or raspberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup quick rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Butter a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add apples, berries, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and toss to blend.
- Pour apple-berry mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- With pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until it’s crumbly.
- Next stir in the oats.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the apples and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp and golden.