- 1/2 of a 17.3 oz package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz softened goat cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- flour for rolling
Time-Saving: Save time by substituting about 3/4 cup garlic & herb spreadable cheese, softened, for the goat cheese, parsley and chives.
- Take out a package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets and remove one sheet from the box. Let it thaw on the counter for 40 minutes – or overnight in the fridge. Return the second to the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the filling for the cherry tomatoes by adding the goat cheese to a medium mixing bowl along with the parsley, chives and parmesan cheese.Season with the cracked black pepper and lemon zest. Mix all of the ingredients evenly and set the filling aside.
- Lightly flour your surface and take one sheet, unfolding the pastry. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Using a sharp paring knife or pizza cutter, slice it into four strips, each about 2 1/2-inches wide. Then cut each strip into six triangles about 3x3x3-inches. Discard any remaining pastry.
- Press the pastry triangles into the bottoms and up the sides of 24 – one and a half inch, mini muffin-pan cups. Bake the puff pastry for 7 minutes.
- Cut slits in the tops of the cherry tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Spoon about 1 ½ teaspoons of the cheese filling into each tomato. Place the tomatoes in the center of the warm pastries and press down lightly.
- Bake the stuffed tomatoes for about 5 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Thaw: 40 minutes
Prep: 40 minutes
Bake: 12 minutes
Makes: 24 pieces