- 4 egg, whites only
- 1/2 a cup of champagne or ginger ale
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 cups of sugar
- 8 cups of pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 250 F
- Spray two (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with nonstick coating spray.
- Separate eggs and in a large bowl whisk egg whites.
- Add 1/2 a cup of champagne or ginger ale, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, sugar and pecan halves.
- Now fold this together until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out onto the baking pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the coating is absorbed and the pecans appear dry, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Separate the pecans into a single layer with two forks.
- When they are cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container.