- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, chopped (about 2 tbsp)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package (about 10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- flour for rolling
- Take out a package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets and remove one from the box. Let it thaw on the counter for 40 minutes – or overnight in the fridge. Return the second to the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make an egg wash for the pastry by beating an egg with one tablespoon of water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Mix the muenster or monterey jack cheese together with the parmesan cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
- Lightly flour your surface and unfold one pastry sheet. Brush the pastry sheet with the egg mixture and top it with the cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the chopped spinach.
- Starting with a short side, roll the pastry up like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into 20 (1/2) slices.
- Place the slices, cut-side down, onto baking sheets and brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
- Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let the swirls cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before serving.
Thaw Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 20 pieces